Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lately

Well as you've seen below, Haley looooves the book "the Monster at the end of this Book". She asks me to read it to her every night, and she "reads" it back. I think it is the cutest thing ever :) She gets sooo animated!

Haley is growing up way too fast. The only thing that shes not growing out of is diapers. The kid used the potty over a year ago and was totally excited about it. Then she got those darn infections. I know I've talked about it before, but it is soo frustrating. Just the other day she told me there was monsters in her potty chair. Wth! Where did she get that from? No clue. Anyway, I assured her there were no monsters in her potty. The only monsters in our house come from Sesame Street or Monsters Inc. I told her those monsters are her friends, and nothing she is scared of. She did tell me she needed a seat for the big potty so she didn't fall in! Lol! Where does she get this stuff? Maybe daycare. I don't know.

What else? Oh I tried a new recipe for Salsa-Cheddar Chicken last week that all 3 of us loved (and tasted even better, to me, as leftovers!). You can find it here. I didn't take any pictures or anything... it looked just like the picture. Although, I changed the recipe a bit. Only because I forgot to buy the dang tomato! Didn't have any canned ones either. So, I skipped the tomato and added a little more salsa. Delish!

Just a random thought...
Have you ever noticed?? I like to use a lot of explanation points!!!!!!! Probably more than I should!! Oh well, I like them!!!

It was Brandon's 27th birthday last Wednesday. We simply celebrated with some sloppy joes and french silk pie (both at his request). Boy was I stuffed! Haley and I munched on some grapes while waiting for the joes to get sloppy. Plus we had some tater salad (which wasn't very good I might ad). Just a quiet evening at home. It was nice.

Last Friday we (Haley and I) had a slumber party at my friend Heather's house. She has 3 boys. The kids had a lot of fun. We watched Gnomio and Juliet with the kids, then put them down for bed. Then Heather and I made margaritas and watched No Strings Attached. The next day we got up and went to Teddy Bear Park in Stillwater. The kids again, had a blast. Me however, I was really nervous. There were just sooo many kids, and Haley is too little to let wonder around by herself. So I chased after her the whole time. We were all pretty exhausted when we left.

After we got home Haley napped and I did a little cleaning in the house. When she woke up my sister was over and we headed up to a family friend's new cabin just a few minutes from our house. Hung out there for a couple hours had dinner and chatted for a while.

Haley must have been really warn out because she slept until 9:45AM Sunday morning!! We hardly ever sleep that late! But boy was that nice. My parents stopped over on their way home with the dogs. We ordered some Carbone's and it was delish. My mom brought Haley a beach ball and a toddler bedding set. She loves both of them! She was really excited to sleep on her new sheets with her new pillow. She was also pretty excited about the beach ball. She wanted to take it with her to daycare.

Anyway. That's what has been happening lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment