Thursday, January 20, 2011

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

It is waaaaay too cold out! Looking at Accuweather.com right now it says 4° . The high today is supposed to be, well, 4°. The low, -22°. NEGATIVE TWENTY TWO DEGREES. I know I've lived here my whole life, but seriously people! Way too cold. And why is it snowing when it is only 4°? I thought it was too cold for that?? Oh well, nothing I can do about it. Besides move.

Sickness has hit our house yet again! Haley came home on Jan 6th with a fever of 103.8° and no other symptoms. I got her cooled off relatively quickly, and went about our evening. After putting her down I went in and checked on her at about 11:45 that night and it was back up over 103° so i got her up and put her in the bath tub to cool her down (which is what we were told to do last summer when she was having the bladder/kidney infections). I called the nurse advice line and told them about her past infections and what had happened all night. She told me she should be seen soon. We got her fever down some more, and put her back to bed. Every time the Motrin wore off, the fever spiked.

We thought she had another bladder infection because she had no other symptoms. So I was trying to get an appointment for the urologist. I brought her down to their MPLS office and had her tested. She did NOT have a UTI. Boy was she unhappy about being tested for that. I can't blame her though. Poor thing. She is terrified of dr's because of all of the times she was cathed in the last year.

As we were leaving that dr's office I was on the phone with her primary dr trying to get her in for an appointment. They didn't have any available appointments left that day, but they got her in for a Saturday appointment. It ended up being an ear infection. She kicked and screamed and cried when the dr was trying to check her ears, but he said one of them is definitely infected. He gave her some antibiotics and we went on our way.

That night Brandon and I went out to Bucca's for dinner for his company Christmas party. It was a fun night. Haley went to my parents house and hung out with her Gramma, Grampa, and Auntie Christy. She also had a fun night, but ended up with laryngitis. From there things went down hill. She ended up with a cold and on and off fever for the rest of the weekend and at night a couple of times the next week. She cried when we put her down to sleep at night, which led me to believe her ear infection was not going away.

I brought her back to the doctor again the next saturday and sure enough, still infected. The dr prescribed a new antibiotic and sent us on our way. This one (thank goodness) seems to be working. No more crying at night. When I ask her if her ear hurts she tells me no. So that is good news! :)

Hmmm... What else. I also had a cold. But whats new!

This weekend my sister and I are going to meet up with my BFF, Erin at a local watering hole for 80's night! Pretty excited about it too. I have to get my outfit together though. And by that I do mean, go out and purchase it :) Should be a good time.. can't wait!

Hoping Haley is in a good mood Saturday morning. We are going to try and snap a few pictures of her for her 2 year photos. She's 2 years and 2 months now, but things have been soooo busy what with Haley's birthday party, my sister's surgery, snonomi, Christmas at the Rydel's, regular family Christmas's on the Eve and Christmas Day, Dirk and Mona visiting, my sister's birthday, New Years Eve, Haley being sick, Brandon's company party, last weekend Haley still being sick... oh and that brings us to this week. So much has been going on in the last two months!

That's all for now, I know it was all so exciting for you. I will try to make sure my next post is just as exciting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment